We use information about our Users, in the way described more fully below, to improve the Symbient Services – meaning, we are able to respond better to your requests, provide better updates to the Symbient Services and communicate better with you.
Symbient uses or may use third-party providers for various aspects of the Symbient Services, including the processing of payments and fees. By using the Symbient Services, you acknowledge and agree that you will also be subject to the third-party terms and conditions associated with those third-party services. Those terms and conditions may be materially different than our policies, especially with regard to information privacy and security. You specifically acknowledge that you understand that the third-party terms and conditions will apply to your financial information collected to enable and process the required payments on the Services.
Symbient values the importance of protecting children’s online privacy. To protect that privacy, we take the following steps: (i) use of the Symbient Services is not allowed for persons under the age of 13; and (ii) use of the Symbient Services by Users between the ages of 13 and 18 is subject to the eligibility requirements set out in Section 3 below.
By using the Services, you agree that Symbient will not be responsible or liable to you or to any third party for any consequence, loss or damage arising (directly or indirectly) from or relating to any of the circumstances described in this section.
What We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about Users, including information by which you might be personally identified. We may collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, as you navigate or use the Symbient Services, or from third parties. We may use technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites, which may include or be associated with your personal information that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
For example, the information we collect includes:
- Information you provide directly, such as:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our website;
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number, and anything else you provide through your Account on the Symbient Services or in using the Symbient Services;
- Correspondence with us or with Users through the Symbient Services; and
- Records of your transactions with us or with other Users through the Symbient Services and fulfillment of those transactions.
- Information collected automatically as you navigate through our website or otherwise use the Symbient Services, such as:
- Information collected through cookies, which are small text files sent by your computer when you access the Symbient Services through a web browser and may be session cookies or persistent cookies, through web beacons, through embedded scripts, and through other tracking technologies;
- Information about your internet connection, IP addresses, the equipment you use to access the Symbient Services, and usage details; and
- Information about your location and travel arising out of or related to the Symbient Services.
We may also work with third parties, using services such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google AdSense, and others. Some content or applications, including advertisements, on our website are served by those third parties or others, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. All of these third parties may also deploy cookies, web-beacons, embedded scripts, or other tracking technologies on our websites and collect information about you when you use the Symbient Services. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used.
In addition, we also collect and use generalized, anonymous information about all Users that cannot be used to identify or isolate your personal information.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Symbient respects and cares about the security of User information, and Symbient has taken reasonable steps to safeguard User information. However, Symbient cannot guarantee total security of your information. By using the Symbient Services, you agree that you provide your personal information and content at your own risk. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your Account.
You will automatically receive various messages from us, and you may receive communications from our partners (including advertising and marketing messages). You may change or opt out of certain communications by contacting us at email@example.com. However, in some instances, we may need to provide you with service announcements and administrative messages. These particular communications are a necessary part of the Symbient Services. You cannot opt-out from receiving these communications.
- As you direct or consent: When you direct us or consent to us sharing your information with third parties. For example, if you provide us with loyalty or rewards card information regarding a particular retailer, we may share that with the retailer and your Shopper;
- To enable purchases of Restricted Products: When you buy Restricted Products, we may be required by law to share certain information with the seller. This information might include the name and address of the Customer or Shopper, government-issued ID information, the kind and quantity of Restricted Product purchased (e.g., alcohol content of alcoholic products, amount of alcohol purchased), delivery address, and recipient signature
- For external processing: We may share your information with third parties who process it on our behalf or who we use to support our business, for example to process payments, to ensure compliance with appropriate security and confidentiality measures, or to process payments on our behalf.
- To contact you about goods and services: We may use your information to contact you about our own or third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you, and to enable us to display or direct advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences;
- For business purposes: We may disclose your information (a) to our current or future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership, or (b) to a buyer or other successor in connection with, or during negotiations, a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Symbient’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.